The oil in your skin is one of the most valuable assets provided you take good care of it . It can be a blessing as it will help your skin to age slowly and look younger for a long time. The key to caring for oily skin is to make sure you’re hydrating it without adding extra oil from other products. With the absence of moisture, your skin would become dehydrated and begin to over-compensate by producing more oil.
Oily skin generally occurs because of the over-production of sebum from sebaceous (oil) glands. The excess production of sebum can be caused due to many factors such as stress, poor diet, hormonal shifts, pollution, and improper skin care routine. By applying the right moisturizing cream to your skin, your sebum production level will begin to decrease and your skin will become less oily.
Oily skin's moisturizing routine can be a bit tricky to get right. Too little water and it becomes dehydrated. Adding oil can make it extra greasy and blemish-prone. That’s why Melas moisturizer for oily skin was specially formulated to absorb excess oil and provide the right amount of hydration. (Plus, point, it is clinically tested to be non-acnegenic, which means that it will not clog your pores or cause acne.)
Given below are 5 Smart Tips on Moisturizing Oily Skin and reasons why Melas offers the Best Cream for Oily Skin in the market:
1. Choose a Moisturizer That Suits Oily Skin. You have two main options, water-based or oil-based. If you have oily skin, you should be searching for a moisturizer which is water-based, as these are less rich compared to their oil-based counterparts. A water-based moisturizer with natural humectants such as Melas moisturizing cream is even better. Melas cream draws in moisture from the air and locks the extra hydration in your skin, thus creating a double whammy of hydration. The Best cream for oily skin has been formulated by Melas. Their expert dermatologists formulate the cream according to the needs of your skin.
2. A Light Moisturizer Formulation is the way to go. Heavy creams may be too rich for your skin to absorb; when a particular cream is too heavy your pores will not be able to absorb it, resulting in the product sitting on top of your skin. Thus Melas offers the Best Cream For Oily Skin in the market.
3. You Should Use a Non-Comedogenic Moisturizer, which means it does not clog the pores of your skin or cause pimples. Products with a high percentage of natural ingredients in their formulation, tend to be the best as they have smaller molecules and are therefore able to penetrate the skin better and are less likely to cause blocked pores. In order to find out whether or not a product contains non-comedogenic ingredients, the best way is to familiarize yourself with your ingredients. Coconut butter, avocado oil and olive oil are some of the common skincare ingredients present in moisturizers which may be comedogenic, for instance.
4. Doesn’t Hamper your Skin’s Function, But Rather Aids in its Process. The use of chemical and synthetic products can dry out your skin and irritate and disrupt its natural state; try a natural alternative which works in unison with your skin.
5. Drink Tons of Water and Try to Eat a Balanced Diet. It’s a traditional rule but it has been around for good reasons! Water is essential for your skin’s health and hydration as it helps to flush away toxins in your body and keeps you hydrated. Also, having a bad diet routine accumulates excess amounts of toxins in your body, thus the combination of this and not drinking enough water gives the perfect reason for acne to grow.